It’s a tradition every spring to do a deep clean around the house. Take a look at the following Spring Cleaning Checklist for ideas and inspiration on what to do to get the interior and exterior of your home ready for warmer weather.
- Clean interior and exterior of windows.
- Clean out the junk drawer or cabinet.
- Reorganize clothes—and donate anything you no longer wear/need.
- Clean kitchen appliances – this includes the stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator and freezer.
- Reorganize and clean kitchen cabinets, drawers, and pantry.
- Give the bathroom a thorough cleaning.
- Move furniture around and do a deep cleaning of the entire house.
- Shampoo the carpets and/or rugs.
- Mop hard surface flooring.
- Clean the grout lines of tile floors and/or backsplash. Grout is porous, so it is also a good idea to reseal the grout while you’re at it. This helps prevent the grout from getting stained.
- Wash the window curtains and dust the blinds.
- Clean and reorganize bookshelves and display cabinets.
- Flip or rotate the mattress.
- Get the patio furniture out of storage.
- Put winter/cold weather items into storage.
- Clean out the washing machine and dryer vent.
- Test and replace smoke alarm batteries.
- Clean/dust light fixtures, lamp shades, and ceiling fans.
- Wipe down walls, baseboards, crown molding, doorjambs, and windowsills to remove collected dust.
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Spot clean couch and chair cushions.
- Wash blankets and throw pillows .
- Clean air vents.
- Power wash siding and garage door.
- Touch up paint around exterior doorjambs and shutters.
For an even more in-depth spring cleaning checklist that breaks the home down by room/areas, click here.
While we can’t give you a hand performing tasks on the spring cleaning checklist, Shakespeare Home Improvement Co. can help you when it comes to interior and exterior home renovations and remodels. Whether it’s a new kitchen, a remodeled bathroom, or a sunroom, Shakespeare Home Improvement Co. is here to assist you when it comes to upgrading your home.