Aging in place is defined as:
“the ability to live in one’s own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level.”
The goal of anyone considering the process of “aging in place” should be to maintain and ultimately improve their quality of life.
Whether you’d like to explore options for one-floor living, create a more open floor plan, redesign a bathroom, or relocate a bedroom, Shakespeare Home Improvement Company can help you achieve this vision.
Aging in place home design ideas
- installing grab bars in the shower
- making the home wheelchair-accessible and walker-friendly (may involve widening a doorway or a hallway)
- relocating a bathroom
- adding a new bathroom or powder room
- relocating a bedroom
- adding a new bedroom
- remodeling the kitchen to add convenience and easy-to-clean surfaces
- installing easily accessible switches and controls (for lights, thermostats, etc)
- installing easy-to-use door handles and faucets
- making the outside and inside entryway step-free and hazard-free for those with walkers, canes, and wheelchairs
The list for these universal designs can go on and on!
Why remodel a home for senior living?
All of these design ideas for the aging population are great ways to allow seniors to remain living at home (instead of moving to a retirement home, etc). We love being creative in our designs to make everyday living a lot more comfortable.
Remodeling and home construction for the elderly is a great way to create a safe environment for cooking, cleaning, et cetera. We love making the home’s features a lot more accessible.
Why choose us as your Lancaster specialist to design your one-floor living concept?
- Simply put, we are experts in this field.
- The owner of Shakespeare has over 20 years of personal experience in creating his home to be an environment that is friendly to a mobility challenged person due to the fact that his spouse requires wheel chair accessibility as well as creating safe bathroom and bedroom functionalities. This has made him an expert in this field and has been a rewarding experience for both him and his wife. He wants to share this with others with similar challenges to create a safe and happy environment for them as well.
- We have a lot of experience designing home remodels for elderly and seniors. We have helped many elderly homeowners achieve the dream of remaining in their home despite changing ability levels.
- We help our customers think of elderly-friendly home design ideas and concepts to transform their current living situation. This allows seniors to remain living in their lovely home for many years to come.
- We offer free consultations.
We back all of our work with a full 5-year workmanship warranty!
We have an Excellent Customer Referral Program!Shakespeare Home Improvement Co. prides itself that a large part of our success is our happy customers referring us to family and friends. We have one of the highest referral and repeat customer ratings in the area. We appreciate that, and believe that such loyalty should be rewarded.
We offer a $50 gift card to our customers that refer us and when that referral results in a signed contract.* We also offer your family and friends a $25 gift card because we appreciate them as a new customer.** If you would prefer, we can also donate this amount to the charity of choice in your name.
Thank you for trusting us with your home improvement needs and helping us to spread the word!
*Referring previous customer name must be mentioned at initial scheduling of appointment. AND the referral must result in a signed contract by the referred party
** Not valid on previously quoted contracts.
If you’d like to schedule your free consultation with us, contact Shakespeare today. We look forward to meeting you!