Sunrooms and Patio Enclosures for Your Lancaster, PA Home
Wouldn’t you love to come home from a long day of work and sip a cold lemonade in your brand new sunroom or screened-in patio? You don’t have to worry about the weather elements when you have a cozy enclosed patio room or when you add a beautiful, spacious sunroom.
Add a SUNROOM to your beautiful home
The defining feature of a four seasons sunroom is that they have a “vast amount of glass” in them. Sunrooms have come a long way from the glassed-in porches of the 1960s. Today’s versions are full-fledged year-round 4 season sunrooms featuring cathedral ceilings, skylights, energy-efficient windows, tile flooring, heat, and air conditioning.
Sunroom additions bring the outdoors inside – but without the bugs and bad weather. As a result, they quickly become the family’s favorite hangout spot.
Choose stick-built sunrooms vs. pre-fab kits
When you are thinking about adding a sunroom to your home, the primary consideration is this – site-built or pre-fab kit. Shakespeare, your sunroom specialist, believes there is no comparison between the two!
Pre-fab kits for sunrooms
- Designed and fabricated at an off-site location and shipped flat
- Look and feel of an add-on and do not match the architecture and design of your home
- Foundations may not support future add-ons
- Like other pre-fab structures, they will not hold or increase in value
- Connecting exterior siding, brick, etc. wall of your house is usually left untouched – redoing this is extra
- Typically have the minimum amount of electric receptacles as building code will allow and it is very difficult to add any electrical once assembled
Stick-built option for sunrooms
- Custom built on-site just as you would a regular addition or even a house – foundation is laid, walls are framed, roof trusses built, and the entire structure is wired for electric and can be plumbed if needed
- Seamless flow between your existing home and the new sunroom so it appears it was always a part of the home
- Because they are built on a foundation, future add-ons can usually be done very easily
- Shakespeare can build a custom designed stick-built sunroom to your home for equal to and often less than a pre-fab kit.
- The choice should be very clear; a “stick-built” sunroom addition that looks like the house makes the most sense – financially and aesthetically.
Shakespeare is the premier 4 season sunroom addition contractor in Lancaster County, PA. We have been bringing the outdoors inside for our customers by designing and custom building beautiful, energy efficient 4 season sunroom additions since 1998. And, if you need help choosing the flooring, wall colors, sunroom windows, or other interior design elements, we offer complimentary interior design services to our customers.
Shakespeare will be your one point of contact handling every detail from start to finish. We are a full service contractor who backs all of our work with a full 5-year workmanship warranty!
Add a PATIO ENCLOSURE to your beautiful home
A patio enclosure is one way to expand your living space, or “internal area” in your home, using your existing porch, patio, or an external area as a starting point for the structure. We offer many patio enclosure options—in fact, the enclosures can usually be built on existing decks and patios. But, we’ll always make sure you have adequate foundation to build on.
Building a patio enclosure is an effective, usually less expensive way to update your home due to the fact that you have an existing “foundation system and roofing structure” to work from.
Whether you want to add to the aesthetic beauty of the house, increase your living space, enclose a current patio, or simply create a dry, shady spot to read that favorite book, a patio enclosure is a great addition to your home. It will bring the outdoors to you, and will give you a comfortable space for your family and friends to enjoy for years to come.
Located in Mountville, PA, we are your full services patio enclosure contractor in Lancaster, PA and we will handle all the steps involved in building your beautiful sunroom and patio enclosures.
WeatherMaster window and door options for your Sunroom or Patio Enclosure
We offer WeatherMaster vertical 4-track window and door options. They are constructed of extruded aluminum with stainless steel hardware and integrated fiber mesh screen. The window closes to reduce wind, rain, pollen & sound.
The screen systems cover 100% of the window leaving no gaps for bugs to enter. They move effortlessly, stacking up or down to allow a generous 75% ventilation opening.
The WeatherMaster window system is virtually maintenance free. We invite you to take a look at the WeatherMaster links below for more details about these window/doors systems.
We back all of our work with a full 5-year workmanship warranty!
Product Idea Gallery
Are you looking for inspiration and ideas for your dream space? We invite you to browse through our collection of amazing products from our trusted partners.
If you see an idea or product you would dream of having in your home, contact us. We can schedule a meeting to come to your home and put together a design that will work for your individual, unique style.
So grab your cup of coffee and become inspired by our Project Idea Gallery!
Window SelectionsVisit Website
4-Track Window SelectionsVisit Website
4-Track Door SelectionsVisit Website
Exterior Door SelectionsView PDF
Storm Door SelectionsView PDF
Roofing SelectionsView PDF
Flooring SelectionsVisit Website
Siding Selections - OvationView PDF
Siding Selections - QuestView PDF
Soffit Selections - MasticView PDF
Siding Sections - MonogramView PDF
Siding Selections - MainstreetView PDF
Visit our Showroom
We invite all of our customers to visit our showroom at 350 Main Street in Mountville, PA to view our many top quality product lines. Contact us today to schedule a free in-home estimate.